Thursday, October 6, 2016
Help Promote Capital Bikeshare in Reston and TysonsWith bikehsaring coming to Reston and Tysons in the next few months, Capital Bikeshare is planning a marketing campaign to inform residents and visitors about the system and encourage them to use bikes for short trips. They are hiring Street Team Members to staff outreach events in Reston and Tysons. If you are familiar with CaBi and biking conditions in Reston and Tysons and want to help promote the system, see the job description below. If interested, contact Nate Graham, CaBi Regional Marketing Manager (contact info below):
Capital Bikeshare is the public bike sharing system owned by participating jurisdictions (Washington, DC, Arlington County, the City of Alexandria, Montgomery County, and Fairfax County) and operated by a private company in partnership with the transportation departments of these jurisdictions. The Destination Sales & Marketing Group is the agency of record for Capital Bikeshare marketing for the jurisdictions that make up the Capital Bikeshare system. Beginning in October, Capital Bikeshare will expand to Reston and Tysons.
Position: Capital Bikeshare Fairfax County Street Team Member
Capital Bikeshare Fairfax County Street Team members will staff outreach events in Reston and Tysons to promote Capital Bikeshare to residents, visitors and tourists in these communities.
This is a short‐term, hourly position averaging 2 to 6 hours per week requiring work on nights and weekends. This position reports to the Capital Bikeshare Fairfax Outreach Coordinator. Team members work their hours based on scheduled events.
- Attend events representing Capital Bikeshare in Reston and Tysons
- Talk to attendees and passers‐by about Capital Bikeshare and biking in general
- Encourage attendees to sign up for Capital Bikeshare memberships
- Demonstrate features of the bikes and stations
- Enthusiasm, punctuality and a demonstrated ability to connect with people
- Knowledge of biking in the Reston and Tysons area
- Excellent verbal communications skills
- Knowledge of bike sharing systems a plus
- Spanish proficiency a plus
Contact: Nate Graham
Regional Marketing Manager, Capital Bikeshare
Direct : 703.247.6986
Cell : 703.346.0523
Main : 202.299.2186