Tuesday, December 6, 2011
 

Multimodal options for I-66 inside the Beltway

Tonight VDOT wants to hear about your ideas for multimodal access along I-66 inside the Beltway. There is a public hearing tonight, part of the I-66 Multimodal Study Inside the Beltway. The hearing begins at 6 p.m. with a presentation at 6:30 p.m. at Mary Ellen Henderson Middle School, 7130 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22043.

Wouldn't it be great if the Custis Trail, which runs parallel to I-66 from Rosslyn to the East Falls Church Metro station, extended into Fairfax. It would provide better bike access to the West Falls Church, Dunn Loring, and Vienna Metro stations. Extending it inside the Beltway would be a start. The County Trails Plan indicates a planned trail along I-66 outside the Beltway so it makes sense to extend it inside the Beltway.

Bike access across I-66 needs to be improved, especially along Route 7 near the West Falls Church Metro station. Many more people would travel by bike in this area if there were safer bike conditions. There also needs to be bike access to the WFC station from the Pimmit Hills area across I-66.

Cyclists are encouraged to attend to show support for better bicycling in the I-66 corridor.

A second meeting is scheduled for Dec. 14 in Arlington. See the VDOT I-66 study page for more info.

Labels: , ,

Comments:

Post a Comment

Contact FABB via email: info@fabb-bikes.org

Subscribe to the
FABB e-newsletter


Subscribe to posts:
[Atom 1.0] or [RSS 2.0]





  Bike to Work Day 2015 at Wiehle Station

  Transportation choices

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Archives