Monday, May 18, 2015
AAA provides bicycle roadside assistance to membersAAA recently announced that it will provide bicycle roadside assistance to all members starting May 1. According to the Bicycle FAQ, recumbents, trikes, and other bikes that cannot be transported on a standard bike rack are not included. If you are towing a trailer, it is covered if it can fit into the service vehicle.
The service is available on a "normally traveled road." If you're riding on the W&OD Trail or some other major trail and you break down, you'll need to move the bike to the nearest road.
- There is no additional charge to Members for bicycle coverage. Any of the Members roadside assistance calls can be used for bicycles
- AAA Bicycle coverage is included in all membership levels - Basic, Plus, Premier & RV!
- The bicycle towing mileage is the same as vehicle towing mileage - 3 miles for Basic, 100 miles for Plus/Premier and one 200 mile tow for a Premier household.
- Member must be present at the time of service and have a valid AAA Mid-Atlantic card.
- Bicycle service is not available to Members of other AAA clubs.
- Bicycle service applies to all 2-wheeled bicycles, including rental bicycles & tandem/trailers pulled by bicycles.
- Bicycle service is limited to transporting a bicycle (Back home, to bike repair shop etc.) due to breakdown disablement. Mechanical repairs not included, including bicycle lock service.
- Service is provided only along a normally traveled road or street.
- AAA Bicycle Service is provided to AAA Mid-Atlantic Members only within the AAA Mid-Atlantic territories.*
- Bicycle service is provided for the rider whose bicycle is disabled and accompanying minors.