Wednesday, July 16, 2014
FABB monthly meeting tonight in ViennaTwo special guests will speak at FABB's July meeting to be held tonight, Wed. July 16 starting at 7:30 p.m. The meeting is held at Patrick Henry Library, 101 Maple Ave E, located a block west of the W&OD Trail. Officer Dan Romanoff will give a brief overview of the county bike patrol and discuss his experiences riding a bike in Fairfax. Allon Schiff will discuss the Northern Virginia Cycle Fest rides scheduled for Sunday, September 14. This event is one of the few that does not rely primarily on the W&OD Trail. Cyclists will explore the neighborhood streets of Fairfax County on these fully supported rides.
Interested cyclists are welcome to attend the FABB meeting.
Fairfax Advocates for Better Bicycling
Wednesday, July 16, 2014, 7:30 p.m.
Patrick Henry Library, Vienna
- Review of June meeting minutes
- Fairfax County Bicycle Patrol - Lt. Dan Romanoff
- 5th Annual Northern Virginia Cycle Fest - Allon Shiff, Ride organizer
- County Report - Charlie Strunk
- Trails & Sidewalks Committee report - Alan Young
- Tour de Tysons recap - Alan Young
- Other business
Upcoming events (for details see the FABB Events page)
- July 19, Saturday - Wiehle-Reston East station bike room open house
- July 23, Wednesday - VDOT Bicycle Advisory Committee meeting, Richmond
- July 23, Wednesday - Planning Commission Bicycle Master Plan work session
- August 20, Wednesday - FABB Monthly Meeting
- September 14, Sunday - Northern Virginia Cycle Fest
- October 1, Wednesday - Planning Commission public hearing on Bicycle Master Plan
- October 28, Tuesday - Board of Supervisors public hearing on Bicycle Master Plan