Wednesday, February 27, 2013
New WABA Board members
|That looks like a FABBer|
in the background waving,
who rode from Annandale
to the meeting despite the rain.
If you weren’t able to follow along on Twitter last night, here are some of the things we highlighted; below the jump, you can view the slideshow we presented:
- Our outreach has expanded to four specific programs this year: the bike ambassador program, suburban outreach, east of the river (now in its third year), and Women & Bicycles.
- Membership in general has increased.
- We’ve launched a business membership program.
- D.C. has become the fourth best bike city in the country; your membership supports our advocacy, which contributes to D.C.’s high ranking.
- We’ll be shifting our advocacy focus from bike lanes and sharrows in general to protected, Green Lane Project-style dedicated infrastructure specifically.
- For the first time since WABA’s inception in 1972, we have a full-time advocacy staffer that’s not the executive director.
- We’ve had a success rate of 75 percent in our adult learn-to-ride classes. We also offer confident city cycling classes and have in-school clinics for kids.
Comments: Post a Comment