Wednesday, August 15, 2012
 

How My Bike Changed My Life

How My Bike Changed My Life is the title of an article in the Washington Times by Laura Sesana about her discovery of the benefits of bicycling:
Over a year and a half after buying my bike, I ride every day and take my car out less than once or twice a week. I spend half of what I used to in gas and haven’t got a parking ticket in nine months. I no longer have to worry about finding a parking spot.

My riding has also had positive effects on other parts of my life. For one thing, riding has made me more active and given me a large amount of confidence. I started riding to the gym last winter and have been going regularly for over 8 months- a record for me.

I am not as thin as I would like to be, but I eat what I want (in moderation, of course) and am in the best shape of my life. I find myself spending much more time outdoors, even in the wintertime. I have a completely different lifestyle that is good for me, good for my wallet, and good for my community.

And it all began with my trusty bike…

Labels:

Comments:

Post a Comment

Contact FABB via email: info@fabb-bikes.org

Subscribe to the
FABB e-newsletter


Subscribe to posts:
[Atom 1.0] or [RSS 2.0]





  Bike to Work Day 2015 at Wiehle Station

  Transportation choices

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Archives