Monday, January 24, 2011
 

Traffic? What Traffic?

That's the title of a Post All Opinions are Local article by Dan Malouff on traffic in this area. He's not too worried about it. I know how he feels:
Apparently the Washington region has bad traffic congestion. That's a bummer.

I say "apparently" because I virtually never experience any of it first hand, since I've opted out of the lifestyle that requires people to sit in traffic. I live in the city, where it's easier and faster to get around by walking, transit, cycling and the occasional taxicab than by driving, so traffic congestion is simply not something I ever have to think about. I can remember exactly one traffic jam that I've been a part of over the past year, and it happened while visiting family one weekend in western Fairfax County. In my normal day-to-day routine, I haven't been in a traffic jam in years.

Traffic jams are a choice. People choose to subject themselves to them based on where they choose to live and how they choose to get around. For me, opting out was an easy decision.

Dan Malouff is an Arlington County transportation planner who blogs independently at BeyondDC.com. The Local Blog Network is a group of bloggers from around the D.C. region who have agreed to make regular contributions to All Opinions Are Local.

Labels: ,

Comments:

Post a Comment

Contact FABB via email: info@fabb-bikes.org

Subscribe to the
FABB e-newsletter


Subscribe to posts:
[Atom 1.0] or [RSS 2.0]





  Bike to Work Day 2015 at Wiehle Station

  Transportation choices

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Archives