Tuesday, June 9, 2009
 

Beater bikes in NYT

Beater bike is a term for an inexpensive bike that can be used for local transportation. The worse it looks, the better, so that it is a less appealing target for bike thieves. I have a beater bike I bought for $15 and converted from a road bike to an upright and I use it to run to the store, to Metro, or other short, local trips. If I forget my lock, I don't worry too much.

The New York Times has a good article about beater bikes in the city, Beater Bikes, the Cheap Workhorses of Cycling. Local places to pick up a beater bike are Phoenix Bikes in Arlington, the Bike Club in Falls Church, and bikes@vienna.

Labels:

Comments:

Post a Comment

Contact FABB via email: info@fabb-bikes.org

Subscribe to the
FABB e-newsletter


Subscribe to posts:
[Atom 1.0] or [RSS 2.0]





  Bike to Work Day 2015 at Wiehle Station

  Transportation choices

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Archives