Friday, January 11, 2008
 

David Goodman is Arlington County's new bike coordinator

As many of you may know, Charlie Denney has moved on from his position as Arlington County bike coordinator. David Goodman, who worked with Arlington’s WALKArlington program for the past four years, has been hired as the new bike coordinator. We want to welcome David as the new bike coordinator. We asked if he could provide some information about himself and he sent the following:

In December of 2007 I was hired as the new coordinator for Arlington's Bicycle and Pedestrian programs, taking over from Charlie Denney who held the position for the past six years.

My professional training is in architecture and urban design, with a Bachelor of Architecture from the Cooper Union in New York City and a Masters in Town and Suburb design from the University of Miami. I've been working as a design professional for the past 16 years - the last 10 of which for regional and local governments. I'm an AICP certified planner as well as a registered architect.

Most recently I've been the urban designer and planner for Arlington's WALKArlington program for the past four years. In this capacity I implemented sidewalk and intersection improvement projects, helped develop standards for pedestrian design, reviewed development proposals, and generally oversaw the built environment that directly affects the quality of Arlington's pedestrian experience. I also provided staff support for the Pedestrian Advisory Committee.

Prior to my work in Arlington, I was the urban designer for Palm Beach County, FL, where I reviewed development proposals and revised the County's land-use, zoning and engineering standards to support pedestrian friendly development. I have also managed design charrettes for South Florida's Treasure Coast Regional Planning Council and taught urban design at Florida Atlantic University's School of Urban & Regional Planning.

Though this is my first official role addressing cycling needs, I've been supporting Charlie Denney and the BIKEArlington program as part of the larger Arlington County Transportation Planning staff; integrating bike lanes and bike amenities into existing and future development proposals and recently, supporting the Bicycle Advisory Committee. When I ride, I am most often seen with my 3 year old daughter riding up front in her “Bobike Mini” stem-mounted seat.
Comments:

Post a Comment

Contact FABB via email: info@fabb-bikes.org

Subscribe to the
FABB e-newsletter


Subscribe to posts:
[Atom 1.0] or [RSS 2.0]





  Bike to Work Day 2015 at Wiehle Station

  Transportation choices

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Archives